Sunday, 9 August 2015

My Foundation Routine

After searching across the internet for inspiration for what to write about in todays post I thought I would share my current base routine, using my favourite drugstore products.

To start off my makeup I apply my all time favourite foundation, one that no matter how many I try this is always the one I go back to, lightweight but with medium coverage this is perfect for my skin, covering blemishes and not looking cakey and suits my oily to combination skin really well. I use the shade 100 Ivory has yellow undertones, a perfect match for my skin tone.
Although the foundation covers any blemishes I have, my under eye circles still remain therefore I have been using my new favourite which is a the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Heavy Duty Under Eye Concealer which is most definitely very heavy duty and after its applied you would never even believe I had dark circles, I also find this creamy concealer is quite brightening, but this may be because I bought the lightest colour so it is a tiny bit lighter than my foundation colour. This is a brilliant under eye concealer but I wouldn't recommend for use on blemishes.
After my concealer and foundation, I set it using my holy grail setting powder, Rimmel Stay Matte. I don't think I have ever found a powder better than this one, it creates a matte finish and keeps my makeup on all day plus it is extremely affordable.
To finish my base routine I start to contour first of all I go in with Sleek Face Form Bronzer in the hollows of my cheek bones and blend in, Then I apply the blusher from the kit on the apples of my cheek giving a lovely glow to my face, as the blusher is quite sparkly I do go over with the powder brush I previously used to blend some of the blusher with bronzer making sure I have no lines.
I have really go into doing the recent strobing (highlighting) hype however I still use bronzer just add extra highlight, to do this I apply highlighter to where light naturally hits, on the tops of my cheeks and inner corners of my eye I apply the highlight from the face form kit which is a lovely colour. ( if you would like to find out more about contour kit, heres a link to my review) I then use the Highlights which is a complete dupe  for Benefit Highbeam and gives lovely glow to my brow bone, tops of cheek bones and cupids bow. This has a pinker undertone perfect for paler skin tones like mine and really gives the perfect strobing effect.

Whats your favourite products to achieve the perfect base?

10 comments:

  1. I love that foundation! I was using it a while back, I've ran out so bought the Wake me up one by rimmel and think I might like it better.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up but find that it can be a bit too dewy however I still love it. x

      Delete
  2. I use the Rimmel powder and foundation! I might have to try out that concealer as I have heard some other fab reviews about it x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good! Hope you liked the post x

      Delete
  3. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, nothing will ever compare from the drugstore!
    Jodie xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will ever find anything better!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Mine too! Hope you liked the post!

      Delete
  5. I love using benefits high beam, always give me the perfect glow on my cheek bones!!
    http://www.alifeofacharlotte.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love any liquid highlighter they just give a lovely glow. Hope you enjoyed the post x

      Delete