Sunday, 4 September 2016

What I Read This Summer

As a child, I always had my nose in a book but over time I have read less and less but I still absolutely love reading so over Summer I set the enjoyable task of reading a lot more especially as I have found a new love for psychological books which I would never have expected before reading one as even the word confuses me a tiny bit but of course I still have a few of my much loved rom-coms in here.
 The Girl On The Train- This is the first book I read this Summer after the MASSIVE hype around it and the fact I always love to read the book before a film comes out which I am so looking forward to seeing. This is about a girl on a train (surprise, surprise) but she sees a couple everyday on her commute who live in the same road as her ex husband until one day something strange happens. I have already wrote a review on this back in June so I won't go on too much about it but you can find the post HERE.

Always With Love- This was a new release earlier this Summer and after adoring Billy and Me (heres my review) I was so excited to read the follow up in the story about Sophie and her actor boyfriend Billy. Although this was slightly repetitive throughout, but the ending was lovely however  I do believe more could of happened in the book. Despite this I absoluetly loved reading it and got through it in no time, I recommend everyone to read this if you love a light hearted romance.

Me Before You- Again I read this 'on the hype' but I was a bit disappointed and didn't really get into it meaning I ended up giving up on it after around 150 pages but I am going to give it another try in the future. If you don't know already it is about a quadraplegic man and the woman who cares for him, of course being a romance they fall in love and the story follows there relationship and the downs that come with his disability.

Behind Closed Doors- This is one of my favourites that I read this Summer which I picked up while going around the supermarket on a whim as I had nothing to read but loved it! This is about a married couple who appear normal on the outside but what goes on 'behind closed doors' is chilling! I would say this is the sort of book to go in blind but the ending I found unexpected.

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child - I put off buying this as I wasn't sure if I would like to read a play as much as if it had been a novel however curiosity got the better of me and I found myself wanting to find out what happened to my favourite wizard so had to read it and loved it! Of course it couldn't quite live up to my highest expectations but it just left me feeling like I want even more books which hurts me inside that this again could be the end but I wish it could also be a film. The story follows Harry and his children from the end of The Deathly Hallows story and if your a Harry Potter fan you need to read this.

Gone Girl - Finally onto the book I am now reading, this about Amy who goes missing and what happens to her and her husband Nick who is suspected of here disapperance, of course I can't give a full review as I am only around 50 pages in but I am sure if I love it, it will make an appearance in a favourites post once I finish.

So thats is what I read this Summer I would really recommend picking any of these up and please leave any of your favourites below.

♥︎

6 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Girl on the Train, I've heard so many good things about it! Gone Girl is a fantastic read, and I would highly recommend you watching the film after you've read this! And oh my gosh, I just finished reading Harry Potter a few days ago and I loved it, so sad it's the end!

    Charlotte xxx
    http://fadingtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so need to read it as we sound like we have such similar tastes in books!

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I have Harry Potter and the Cursed Child but I haven't read it yet as I'm in the middle of the Harry Potter series at the moment.I also want to read Gone Girl. There is an awesome book app called GoodReads, I love it.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! And yes I love good reads!

      Delete
  3. We seem to have read very similar books Katie - I've read these all this summer bar Behind Closed Doors!

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defiantly read it, one of my faves

      Delete